Indian beauty can be experienced from the top of the Himalayas or through the lush valleys. But the country of holy rivers and vast coastlines makes for a cruise destination unlike any other!Here are 7 of the best boat rides that you can take in India.
- Ganges along Kolkata-Varanasi A ride along the holiest river in India to the city of Gods, Varanasi is the best way to catch a glimpse of traditional Indian culture. You have to cruise along the Ganges at least once in your lifetime!
- Along the Brahmaputra A cruise along the Brahmaputra will get you a glimpse of Majuli, the biggest river island in the world. The beauty of Assam will make you come back for more!
- Alappuzha – Kochi Backwaters This cruise in a houseboat is a must-do activity for all travel junkies!
- Through the Sunderbans As you float your way through the forest, you will experience wildlife, sacred pilgrimage as well as a peek into the traditional village life.
- Mandovi River, Goa Goa is not just sand and surf. A cruise through the Mandovi is enough proof!
- Chilika Lake The largest inland brackish water body in Asia, the Chilika Lake is so serene and beautiful that it needs to be seen to be believed!
- Allahabad, Triveni Sangam Triveni sangam- the junction of the three holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati is one of the holiest places in India. A ride here is a memorable one indeed!