Chained to your desk for most of your lifetime? And don’t have time aye?
But working up a sweat, even if it’s just for few minutes around your desk or between meetings can keep you healthy and hearty.
Here are 5 simple work outs for all you workaholics, get those muscles moving:
- Desk Squats – Deskercises are any day a great idea. Bend the knees slightly so your thighs are almost parallel to the ground, as if sitting in a chair. As you bend, raise your arms straight up or towards the computer screen. Keep your knees together and aligned. Hold for 15 seconds and release. Repeat for 4-6 reps.
- Shoulders shrugged – Lift those shoulders up towards the ears, hold for few minutes and then relax. Repeat this at least 15-20 minutes. For advanced shoulder shrugs, hold light weights or paper reams.
- Abs Squeeze – Take a deep breath and squeeze your tummy muscles for few seconds. Repeat!
- Walk while you Do Phone meetings – Walk the corridors while you are on a conference call or talking to a client for a deal closure.
- Seated leg raiser – If your pay isn’t rising, raise your legs. No not at the supervisors, but underneath the desk. Add some weights and improve that crunch.
Think you’ll forget, put some sticky notes to give yourself reminders alongside your target post-its!