Long-hour flights are a HORROR! Period.
Getting imprisoned in a metal tube for THAT much time can be frustrating. But not all flights have to be that miserable. How you ask?
Here are 10 ways to kill time on a flight and make life that much easier!
Not just ANY book. Bring a book that you’ve been wanting to read for quite some time but didn’t ‘cause…procrastination!
Here are our absolute favs:
- Train Dreams – Denis Johnson
- Eat, pray, love – Elizabeth Gilbert
- Waugh Abroad – Evelyn Waugh
However mainstream this may sound, blockbusters should be your go-to for long-hour flights. Bring with you as many movies as you can and you’ll thank us later!
But which movies should you watch? Fret not! We’ve got you covered:
- Frantic (1988)
- The Breakfast Club
- Lost In Translation
- The Harry Potter Series
Those TV series that your friends keep posting about on social media and whose references you never get – well these long (LONG) hours of flight are perfect to binge watch them!
Which series you ask? Well,
- Game of Thrones
- Permanent roommates
- Inflight exercises
Yes…exercises! The best way to fight sore muscles and Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Do yourself a favor and exercise!
- The revolver – Lift your feet off the floor and rotate them clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- The cuddle – With your heels touching the floor, point your toes up as far as you can. Then keeping your toes on the floor, raise your heels. Repeat!
- The shrug – Rotate your shoulders forwards and then backwards.
- All play, no work!
What’s a flight without a few games with your co-passengers!
- Organize a quiz!
- Play charades
- Start a Mexican wave
- Write a blog or update your own about your experience in the flight or how you anticipate your travel to be!
- Make a journal or write in your dairy. It is totally worth it!
- Music Relaxing music is best. Or hardcore metal…whatever your taste!
- Flirt With the steward/stewardess! *wink wink*
A little practical joke never hurt nobody!
- Challenge others to do the accent from the country you’re flying over!
- Give someone a coin saying “heads, I defuse the bomb. Tails, I don’t!”
- Tell someone your life story, from DNA to the present day. EVERYTHING!
- Randomly tell people “I wish I was on a flight right now”
- Converse Strike a conversation with others and get to know them better! That hot guy you see? Grab this opportunity and ask him out!