Ever missed your bus because you overslept? Or been late to work? Or missed your breakfast date? We hate to admit this, but so have we.
But now it’s time for change! We’ve resolved to stop sleeping late and start waking up early in the morning! No harm trying! Here’s how we are doing it:
- Have a light dinner because having a lighter stomach will help you sleep early. Plus, it’s healthy too!
- Hit the shower even if you don’t need to! A warm shower will drop your body temperature which will make you feel sleepier!
- If you need complete darkness, switch off the lights. If you want a particular blanket, crawl under it. Your bedtime should be as comfy as possible!
- Keep the alarm clock somewhere away from your bed so that you have to stand up to switch it off. Goodbye, snooze!
- Before you go to bed, make sure your curtains are not drawn. Natural light is one of the best things to wake up to!
- Hate exercising? Tackle it first thing in the morning to energize yourself!
- We don’t need to say this, but less caffeine and alcohol consumption will allow you to go to bed earlier. So think before you drink too many cuppas at work!
- Keep the gadgets away! All of us have a habit of scrolling through Twitter or Instagram before sleeping, but it’s necessary to stop doing so!
- If alarms and sunlight don’t work, give yourself a pep talk. Do it before you sleep and even when your hand is reaching for the snooze button.
Need more fitness tips? Read here!