Love traveling? Love reading?
Time to combine your love for both these things! Plan your next trip around your love for books by visiting the residences of famous authors. Yes, actually step into the space where writers once lived and wrote their masterpieces!Here are a few:
- Ruskin Bond – Mussorie, India Probably India’s favourite author, not only can you visit Ruskin Bond’s house in Mussoorie, you can also meet the author himself! Yes, carry your beloved childhood books to get them signed!
- Mark Twain – Connecticut, U.S.A. Loved ‘Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’? It’s time to plan a trip to Mark Twain’s Connecticut house where he penned down this classic.
- Munshi Premchand – Varanasi district, India We have loved Premchand ever since our school days, so isn’t it necessary to pay homage to him by visiting his ancestral home in Lamhi? Next time you are around Varanasi, take a detour and go here!
- Margaret Mitchell – Atlanta, U.S.A. How about visiting the apartment where the masterpiece ‘Gone with the Wind’ was written? Yes, this house in Atlanta is exactly where this brilliant book was written!
- Rabindranath Tagore – Kolkata, India Jorasanko Thakur Bari or House of the Thakurs is where Tagore was born and spent most of his childhood. Now located in the Rabindra Bharati University campus, this is a place every literature lover would love visiting!