1. Jiah Khan suicide:Image Credit : Wikipedia Jiah Khan’s suicide was one such unfortunate event that shocked Bollywood. The 25-year-old actress, best known for her roles in 'Nishabd' and 'Ghajini', was found hanging at her Mumbai flat. Even more shocking was that Jiah's mother Rabbiya Khan pinned the suicide onto Jiah's then boyfriend Suraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi. A six-page suicide note was found which landed the youngster in jail. After 20 days, he was released on bail
2. Salman Khan – ShahRukh Khan iftaar party hug: Image Credit : Wikipedia It's no secret that ruling Khans - Shah Rukh and Salman aren't the best of friends. However, the duo who hadn't been on talking terms since their brawl at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party in 2008, made headlines when they greeted each other and hugged at an iftaar party hosted by Baba Siddiqui. The actors later clarified that the hug was more a gesture of goodwill. On Koffee With Karan, Salman Khan went on record saying that "I am 100% sure that we will not be best of friends again. He's got his family and he's gone his way and I've gone my way. He doesn't need me, I don't need him."
3. Shah Rukh Khan's son AbRam: Image Credit : Wikipedia Shah Rukh Khan once again grabbed headlines when he announced the birth of his third child, AbRam through surrogacy. The 'Chennai Express' actor was accused of allegedly finding out the sex of the child through an illegal prenatal sex determination test. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) initiated an enquiry into the matter after a social activist filed a complaint against Shah Rukh and his wife Gauri. However, the couple was given a clean chit.
4. Salman Khan: Image Credit : Wikipedia Not to be outdone, Salman Khan too made news when a group of local fishermen claimed the star forcefully tried to evict them from the vicinity of his newly acquired sea-facing cottage in Bandra. The fishermen said that the 'Dabangg' actor along with his father Salim Khan and their bodyguards threatened to shift their boats since it blocked their view of the sea.
5. Sanjay Dutt: Image Credit : Wikipedia Actor Sanjay Dutt surrendered before a local court to undergo his remaining 42 months out of the five-year sentence awarded to him for his involvement in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. The 'Munnabhai' actor was convicted by a TADA court for illegally possessing a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifle which was part of a consignment of weapons and explosives brought to India for carrying out coordinated serial blasts that killed 257 people and injured over 700 in 1993.
6. Ranbir Kapoor- Katrina Kaif Image Credit : Wikipedia Another incident to make it to the most happening list of 2013 is rumoured lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif. The duo were snapped together enjoying a day at the beach during their Spanish holiday. Photos of the the ‘Dhoom’ girl in a red and white bikini and of Ranbir in sailing shorts went viral immediately. On their return, an upset Katrina Kaif issued a statement calling the incident a breach of privacy. "I saw the photos and reacted from the heart at that moment. I was upset, hurt and angry. I feel it was a private moment... So privacy was expected," said the actress.
7. Mallika Sherawat: Image Credit : Wikipedia Mallika Sherawat always manages to be in the news, even if it's for the wrong reasons. The actress who attended the Cannes Film Festival was severely criticised when she called India "a regressive country for women" during an interview. She also went on recordto say that BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was the most eligible bachelor in the country.
8. Hithik Roshan-Sussanne split: Image Credit : Wikipedia Yet another unfortunate incident that stunned the industry was star couple Hrithik and Sussanne Roshan’s decision to split. The 'Krrish' actor decided to make their separation public when he issued a statement saying, "My wife has decided to separate from me and end 17 year relationship". Stories of possible reasons for the split were doing the rounds, with some even blaming Hrithik's closeness to ‘Kites’ star Barbara Mori and others Sussanne’s relationship with actor Arjun Rampal.
9. Anurag Kashyap-Kalki Koechlin: Image Credit : Wikipedia Another celebrity split that got people talking was filmmaker Anurag Kashyap's separation from actress wife Kalki Koechlin. The director announced that they are taking time apart from their more than two-year-old marriage in November. The statement from the couple read: "Me and kalki are separating, we are taking time off from each other to figure things out. We are not divorcing.
10. Shruti Haasan : Image Credit : Wikipedia And lastly 'D-Day' actress Shruti Haasan was in for a scare when a man identified as Ashok Shankar Trimukhe (45) showed up at her residence and tried to force his way into the actress' house. The accused who was later said to be a film spot boy was booked under IPC sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 452 (house-trespass alter preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint) and 345 (wrongful confinement).