When it comes to working out, you are always looking for excuses to back out. You are either exhausted or ‘too busy’ to go to the gym.
Next time you find yourself acting lazy or making lame excuses, here are five people who will motivate you!
- H. Boniface Prabhu A lumbar puncture left Boniface Prabhu a quadriplegic for life, but never did he let that get in his way. He is a medal award winning wheelchair tennis player and was bestowed the Padma Shri. Oh, tennis is just one of the sports he plays!
- Arunima Sinha The first woman amputee to climb Mt. Everest, Arunima Sinha is truly an inspiration to keep going!
- Marla Runyan Contracting a disease that left her legally blind at the age of nine, Runyan is a national champion in women’s 5000m, gold medal winner at the 1992 Paralympics, and the first legally blind paralympian to compete in the Olympics.
- Oscar Pistorius Known as the fastest man on no legs, this sprint runner has inspired everyone all over with his dedication and strength!
- Natalie du Toit Natalie du Toit lost a leg at the age of 11, but she didn’t let that stop her from achieving great things. This South African swimmer won several medals at the 2004 Paralympic Games.
Time to sweat it out, don’t you think?
For more inspiration, read these quotes by some famous sports legends.