Close your eyes and imagine this - soft breeze blowing on your face, cool water around you and the clearest blue sky you’ve ever seen!When was the last time you cheated on your daily chores to breathe in a little nature? Well, get your bags packed ‘cause here are 7 pristine lakes in India that will make you forget your hassles!
- Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim One of the highest lakes in the world, Gurudongmar Lake is so beautiful you won’t be able to resist diving into it!
- Wular Lake, Jammu and Kashmir The Wular Lake is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia and the largest in India. This pristine lake, surrounded by towering mountains will make you one with nature!
- Dal Lake, Jammu and Kashmir The Dal Lake is the most beautiful lake in the J&K Valley. Floating gardens, colorful shikaras and houseboats add to its beauty!
- Loktak Lake, Manipur Also known as the only floating lake in the world, the Lokgtak Lake is beauty at its peak!
- Chilka Lake, Orissa The Chilka Lake is Asia’s largest inland salt-water lagoon. It’s so pretty you’ll want to take a dip!
- Vembanad Lake, Kerala Vembanad lake is the longest lake in India and one of the most beautiful! The houseboat and snake race on the Vembanad is a must-see!
- Damdama Lake, Haryana The Damdama Lake near the Aravalli Hills is the best spot for boating. Its picturesque view will leave you mesmerized!