So, you have found the perfect one! Congratulations! Marriage is going to be one hell of a ride. You will have a never-ending list of things to do before your big day. But apart from all that shopping, stressing, and more shopping, there are some things that one should do before getting hitched.
Here are some that we think everyone needs to do before getting married:
- Take a trip with your closest friends:- Who knows how much quality time you are going to get with your friends after you get hitched? Don’t waste time and go on a trip with your BFFs! Have the time of your life!
- Go through a heartbreak:- Heartbreaks are lessons on love and relationships. They will teach you a thing or two about how to deal with the ups and downs of being in a relationship. Sounds cliché, but you will be thanking for them later!
- Get to know your future spouse:- Before you commit to something as important as marriage, get to know as much as you can about your partner. Talk about your future together. Although, save some information for later, or else you will be stuck in boring marriage!
- Discover yourself:- Self-discovery is the key to success in life, including relationships. If you don’t know yourself, how do you expect others to understand and respect you? Take a solo trip, read, and treat yourself to a fancy dinner! Fall in love with yourself!
- Finish your education:- Finish that Master’s degree or complete that long-due language course you enrolled for. Marriage is not going to be easy, and you definitely don’t want to be studying during those rough times!
- Get a head start in your career:- Experimental days are over, and it is time to get your shit in order! Get yourself a steady job before marriage. Make sure your partner is in the same boat as you. You don’t want to be the only responsible one!
- Live alone or with someone who is not family:- Move out from your parents’ house and try living alone or get some roommates (besties don’t count!). Learn how to run things by yourself, and prepare yourself for living with someone. It will teach you tolerance and you will surely need it in your marriage!
These things will prepare you for marriage and life in general. Make sure you fulfill all your dreams before entering into that long lasting relationship. And lastly, have no regrets because married life is going to be awesome!