You have an undying love for food which means that you are always experimenting with it. But sometimes it so happens that you are at a restaurant, ordering something that sounds delicious, and, oops, you have mispronounced it. Or you don’t know how to say it at all!
To save yourself from further embarrassment, we have compiled a list of the right pronunciations to some of the most commonly mispronounced foods. You can thank us later!
- Quinoa This food has become the new favourite wonder food, so why not learn how to say it right? Just say keen-wah over and over until you’ve got it right!
- Quesadillas and Tortillas Those double l’s in the spelling? They don’t exist in the pronunciation! Key-suh-dee-ahs and Tohr-tee-yahs, got it
- Worcestershire sauce Anyone would be confused with a spelling like this one. But just FYI, it goes like this: wus-tuh-shur!
- Parfait Just like partay, par-fay!
- Foie gras Next time you are at a fancy dinner, remember this: fwah-grah. So simple, right?!
- Bruschetta Order all the appetizers you want, but make sure you are saying them right. This one’s pronounced broo-sket-ah.
- Gnocchi No g’s in this one, nor is it pronounced like Gucci. Don’t get confused, it’s noh-kee.