It’s world’s weed day and we couldn’t help but talk about all things weed you may not be aware of. Also affectionately known as pot, Mary Jane, Sticky-icky, and the like, weed has got our attention today.
Here are mind exploding facts about weed you would thank us for:
- Australian use of cannabis is three times the global average. UNODC estimates 10.3% of the Australian population aged 14 and above had used cannabis in the last year.
- According to a small survey undertaken in Australia in 2005, the top three conditions that people use medical cannabis for are depression, chronic pain, and arthritis. Of the 128 surveyed, research found the use was typically long-term and regular.
- In 2012, Australia authorities destroyed 17,668 of indoor cannabis plants.
- The estimated amount of taxes and fees that Colorado has collected from the marijuana industry since legalization is $34,800,000.
- There are more than 500 chemical compounds in the cannabis sativa plant.
- In US state of Colorado, where marijuana is legal, the Denver Post newspaper has their own pot critic.
- One in two Australians who grow their own cannabis for medicinal reasons do it without doctor consultation.