Honey is one of the oldest sweeteners on earth. It also has many health benefits and uses. Honey eaten regularly and in a certain quantity can improve your health.Here are 10 health benefits of this golden sweetener:
- Honey helps prevent cancer and heart diseases. Flavonoids present in honey reduces the risk of these diseases.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. The bees add an enzyme to the honey which contributes to the incredibly long shelf-life of honey.
- Honey increases athletic performance. It helps to improve recovery time than other sweeteners.
- It reduces cough and throat irritation. A single dose of honey relieves nocturnal cough and allows proper sleep.
- Honey helps regulate blood sugar. Its exact level of glucose and fructose actually helps the body regulate blood sugar level.
- It heals wounds and burns. External application of honey has proved to be as effective as conventional treatment.
- Honey also helps improve skin. It can be moisturizing and nourishing for the skin too.