While the Men in Blue mean serious business on the field, they mean business off-field too! Many cricketers have ventured into the business world with their side-businesses and are doing quite well. So let’s take a look at 7 such sportsmen and their off-the-field businesses!
- Sunil Gavaskar In 1985, Gavaskar launched India’s first sports management company – Professional Management Group. The company is still going strong!
- Kapil Dev The former Indian captain is the owner of Elevens restaurant in Chandigarh and Patna and Kaptain’s Retreat Hotel in Chandigarh. He also launched a floodlights installation company called Dev Musco Lighting Pvt. Ltd. in partnership with Musco Lighting.
- Yuvraj Singh Yuvi recently floated an online venture fund under the name YouWeCan. It aims to support aspiring entrepreneurs and startups. Its debut funding was an investment in a mobile phone-based beauty and wellness startup called Vyomo.
- Zaheer Khan Indian fast bowler, Zaheer Khan started a restaurant called ZK’s in Pune and now has two branches.
- Virender Sehwag Sehwag set up ‘Sehwag International School’ which is spread across 23-acres in Jhajjar, Haryana. The school offers world-class facilities for sports and academics.
- Sachin Tendulkar The God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar owns a restaurant by the name Tendulkar’s in Mumbai. The restaurant offers some of Sachin’s favourite dishes!
- M.S. Dhoni The present captain of the Indian Cricket Team, Mahendra Singh Dhoni co-owns a fitness company called SportsFit along with his business manager, Arun Pandey.