We’re not going to bore you by saying that the average adult needs to eat three cups of veggies in a day. But the fact is, it’ll make you feel better and healthier.
Vegetables can be deceptive, but you’ve got to trick yourself into eating them anyway!
Here are top 7 ways to eat more veggies:
- Chop them up - If you chop carrots and celery and put them in a bowl, the family will munch on them together. Who doesn’t like munching anyway!?
- Order extra when eating out - Order sides of salad or veggies in restaurants. Over-eating when you’re out is a thing anyway. So why not make a healthy move!
- Half-plate rule - Half your plate should be filled with vegetables. Compulsorily! Be strict with yourself.
- The 5pm munchies - Snacking on vegetables and low-fat dip will fill you up and not allow you to overeat at dinner. Smart no?
- Dress them up - Vegetables don't have to be boring. Bake in olive oil, serve with a light cheese sauce or stir-fry with oyster. Voila! A new dish is ready!
- Soup or salad - Starting a meal with a plain broth-style soup or salad can increase the value of your meal. So why not!?
- Juice it – If none of the above works, just juice it up! A juice made primarily from vegetables is a nutritious addition to the day.
But there are a few healthy foods to avoid.