Forget the luxurious stay and ensure that you’re a real-deal, low-impact traveler. You never know how amazing a green trip might turn out for you.Here we reveal our top 7 tips to go green while travelling:
- Go biking – Why take a cab or rent a car when you can easily go biking or walking or take a public transit. It’s a lot cheaper and you reduce your carbon footprint this way.
- Reusable bottles – Carry a reusable container or drink locally sourced water when you’re on the go. Plastic bottles are a big NO!
- Buy local – Whenever possible, buy local products instead of buying products that are shipped in from overseas.
- Working farm – Stay at a working farm which also functions as inn. This will give you a chance to connect with the area’s agricultural heritage and they’ll cost a lot lesser than the hotels.
- Rent a hybrid car – Choose a hybrid or a smaller vehicle when renting a car to travel. Avoid using your own car if it’s a large gas guzzler.
- Stay at a green hotel – Find out hotels which are eco-friendly and where the hotel claims to save energy annually.
- Eat local – Eating locally is one of the best ways to support a community. Dine at restaurants with locally sourced ingredients.