Have you always aspired to be like that sportsperson you admire? Or have you always wanted to know the history of sports stars? Many sports personalities have made this dream of ours come true and have made their stories and lives public in their autobiographies!So, let us take a look at 7 of the best Indian sports autobiographies.
- Playing it my way – Sachin Tendulkar The list obviously has to begin with the autobiography of the ‘God of cricket’. ‘Playing it my way” is the journey of Sachin and how he changed the face of cricket for good!
- The Race Of My Life – Milkha Singh The autobiography follows Milkha’s life from the Indo-Pak partition to his participation in the Olympics. Worth the read!
- The Test Of My Life – Yuvraj Singh From cricket to cancer and back! This is the story of Yuvi and how he is an inspiration to all!
- Unbreakable – M.C. Mary Kom The autobiography follows the life of Mary from birth into a family of landless laborers to being the best female boxer in the world!
- Playing to Win – Saina Nehwal The book provides an insight to the 25 year old’s life and her persistence and self-belief! She currently ranks fifth in the Badminton World Federation.
- A Shot At History – Abhinav Bindra ‘A Shot at History’ is the autobiography of the Indian Olympic Gold Medalist, Abhinav Bindra. His story documents his search for perfection and how he became the first Indian to win an individual Olympic gold!
- Sunny Days – Sunil Gavaskar This autobiography tells the tale of a man who became a legend in his own lifetime!