Is it time for you to get down on one knee and ask your significant other to spend the rest of your lives together? If yes, are you looking for the perfect way to pop the question?
Have no fear, because movies are here to help you out during this momentous occasion! Get inspired by some of the best proposals in movies. A hundred points to you if she is filmy!
- Rang De Basanti What better way to ask someone to marry you in front of all your closest friends? Get ready for a lot of ‘awww’s’!
- Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na Singing at the airport to woo your best friend is not a bad idea at all. No worries if you are a bathroom singer, she will say yes no matter what!
- Sex and the City We doubt there’s a girl on this planet who would say no to a pair of Manolo Blahnik shoes. So if you are planning to ask her, do away with the ring and go shoe shopping!
- Dil Chahta Hai Asking someone to marry you on their wedding day is slightly too dramatic, but totally necessary if you want to win back your lady love. Prepare an emotional speech well in advance!
- Runaway Bride After she runs away from her fifth wedding, Julia Roberts gets down on one knee to ask Richard Gere to marry her. Again!
- Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaaye Although not a completely original idea, we still loved Salman Khan serenading on the flight! Yes, a million times yes!
- Sholay You know when Veeru’s drunk proposed for Basanti’s hand? This super hilarious technique is risky, but might just work out for you!
- Sweet Home Alabama We are going to speak for every woman here and say that we would love getting proposed to in Tiffany’s. It’s Tiffany’s for god’s sake, who wouldn’t say yes?!
- Friends Although this one’s from a TV show, we are going to consider this one because it’s our favourite. Ladies, if you want to ask your man for marriage, do it the way Monica did, candles and all!