Breakup? Travel. Work getting to you? Travel. Bonding time with friends? Travel.
Yes, the cure to pretty much all our problems is travel. And if you ask us, it’s the best form of therapy ever! Seeing new places, eating different cuisines, sharing conversations with new people are all part of the charms of traveling.
But, but, but, what’s the best part about traveling? The fact that it teaches you so much! Whether you have just got out of a relationship or want to find yourself, traveling always has important life lessons in store, especially if you travel in your twenties!
Know how it’s going to change your life? Here’s how:
- Don’t know what you want in or from life? Traveling the world will surely help clear all the confusion from your mind. It will force you to open your eyes and look at the bigger, better picture!
- Remember the trip you took with your friends a couple of months back? Remember those ‘won’t ever forget’ moments you spent with each other? See what travel did for you? It made you realize that there are far more important things in the world than getting a 9-9 desk job!
- Afraid of going out and getting things you really want? We suggest packing your bags, because traveling is here to teach you how to! You won’t hesitate to ask a stranger for help or going after your dreams ever again!
- People might want the same things everywhere, but all of us are still very different. From sharing hostel rooms with messy people to interactions with wise travelers, each person you encounter will be different than the first. Judging people? No longer!
- Planning never works. Ever. Flight delays, weather changes, landslides, road accidents, and so many other things can change your plans. Future planning? What’s that? And who even has the time to do that?
- Alright, so every article you read on what travel teaches you will discuss this. We hate repeating it, but it’s one of the most important lessons: you will become a more independent person. Adulting? Check!
- On your travels, you are invited to a party or maybe cliff dive. What do you do? You simply break out of your shell and do it! Easy, right?!
- All of us are scared of being alone, but if you are traveling alone, you will know that it’s good, no, even awesome! Know why? Managing your own, exploring cities and towns, and even eating dinner all by yourself will make you value being alone!
- Traveling has a lot of obstacles and they will only teach you what you are good at! You might find you are good at sweet talking an officer into getting a ticket or maybe speaking in a language you never thought you’ll be good at. Start discovering new things about yourself already!
Flying solo? Here are the best destinations for women travelers!