Peppy songs aside, there are some songs that you reserve only for their music! Be it for work motivation or times when you are feeling low, these songs never fail to amaze you with their brilliant notes!
And if you ever wondered what exactly makes them so special, it is only one thing: inspiration from classical music! Yes, the genre you never listen much to, but when mixed in Bollywood songs, the result is AMAZING! Here are some such all-time favourite tracks:
- O Re Piya – Aaja Nachle This melodious track by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has been on everyone’s playlist for years and now you know why!
- Phir Le Aaya Dil – Barfi! Who are we kidding? Based on a raag, this song is literally everybody’s favourite! We think the classical touch has something to do with that!
- Mitwa – Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna When Shafqat Amanat Ali and Shankar Mahadevan create a song together, you can bet it’s going to have classical elements to it! Mitwa, you be so good!
- Bezubaan – Piku Let’s face it: this song wouldn’t be nearly as good without the solo sitar! So mesmerizing!
- Aaoge Jab Tum – Jab We Met A song by music maestro Ustad Rashid Khan, this song sounds like angels singing in heaven! Pure LOVE!
- Badi Dheere Jali – Ishqiya This song quite literally starts on a sweet, classical note! If you haven’t heard this one, hit play right now and let Rekha Bharadwaj’s voice swoon you over!
- Albela Sajan Aayo Re – Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Bajirao Mastani This Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam song was SO good that Sanjay Leela Bhansali decided to recreate it for Bajirao Mastani! We aren’t complaining!