With Chennai facing the heaviest rainfall in the last 100 years, the city came to a standstill. Thousands of people found themselves without shelter, the city airport closed, and several people were reported dead. Looking at this disaster, we think it is time for all of us to step forward and help those in need. Here are some ways you can help the Chennai flood victims:
- Offer Shelter If you stay in Chennai and can provide shelter for the stranded, please help them by using the hashtag #ChennaiRainsHelp or using this form https://docs.google.com/a/bewakoof.com/forms/d/13BJjGQKmKOtAc5sAOvELp-g1QrPc5hTRiJCg4fxOapM/viewform?fbzx=6144800557329761339 Do not use this hashtag for general updates on the rains.
- Women of Worth Donate to Women of Worth and help them provide relief goods. Details here http://womenofworth.in/nov-2015-wows-chennai-flood-relief/
- World Vision World Vision is providing flood relief goods to the victims. Donate to World Vision here https://www.worldvision.in/chennaifloods
- Rapid Response Rapid Response, a disaster relief agency, is asking for donations to help those affected by the floods. Provide for someone’s livelihood, education or health. Donate here http://www.rapidresponse.org.in/donate.htm
- Share Helpline Numbers No matter what part of the country you are in, you can do your small bit by spreading these helpline numbers.
Do your bit today, because it counts.