Raymond Tomlinson, the man behind inventing the email has died at the age of 74 of a suspected heart attack. He was also a key driver in the development of standards for the "From", "Subject", and date fields found in email messages today.
Here are 5 ways in how he brought revolution in our lives:
- We could easily connect with our loved ones with the email coming our way. There has been a steady decline in the number of letters in the last 15 years.
- Earlier used in accounting to represent at the rate of, the symbol ‘@’ that is so significant in our lives today came into being with email getting introduced. Thanks to Raymond Tomlinson. @ acted as a link between the user name and the host domain. Eventually it has become the source of communication across various digital channels.
- With emails coming in, there were millions of people who had the liberty to work from home through emails and phone calls. Hail the email pioneer.
- Email saved trees. An absolutely no brainer, email is eco-friendly.
- For any personal or professional communication, email has helped us over communicate and express ourselves as much as we can without any restrictions or word limits.
RIP Raymond sir!