Another big contributor to your mood other than sleep is your food. It is really important to keep a track of what you eat in the entire day.If you’re feeling dull and low, try eating these foods to feel better:
- Dark chocolate Consuming chocolates high in cocoa calms you down. If you needed another reason to indulge in dark chocolate, it’s this one.
- Almonds Almonds have a lot of nutrients which are essential for brain health and to reduce depression. So eat more of those almonds!
- Pumpkin seeds Pumpkin seeds contain an essential mineral which is a natural mood booster. Keep some with you at all times!
- Eggs Eggs help your body to naturally produce serotonin. Low serotonin levels are linked to depression, anxiety, insomnia and fatigue.
- Honey Honey is helpful if you’re feeling anxious. Pop a spoonful of this natural sweetener in your mouth.
- Oatmeal Oatmeal is good for your mental state. It helps your brain fight depression and anxiety. It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels, which helps you avoid mood swings.
- Asparagus Having a lot of mood swings lately? Get some asparagus on your plate, because it is high in folic acid, a deficiency common in people with depression.