Menstrual cramps are the absolute worst! While they may send you cringing under the covers, it is exercise that will reduce them. We know that the thought of exercising during that time of the month is horrifying but you will thank us later!
- Forward Bend Stand straight with feet together. Inhale while stretching up as if trying to touch the ceiling. Exhale while bending forward and touching the floor. Repeat!
- Child’s Pose Sit on your heels. Keeping your hips on your heels, bend forward and rest your forehead on the floor. Stretch your hands in front of you, palms facing up. Press your chest on your thighs. Hold. Sit back. Repeat!
- Camel Pose Kneel on the floor with knees hip-width apart. Arch back and touch your heels. Push your hips forward as much as possible and stretch.
- Reclining Bound Angle Pose Begin seated with your legs stretched in front of you. Bend your knees to bring soles of your feet together, then slowly lay your spine back onto the blanket and rest your head.
- Cobra Pose Lie flat on your stomach. Place your palms under your elbows. Pull your upper body back and off the floor. Straighten your arms whilst arching back as much as possible. Rest in this position for desired time.
So, next time you have the period pain, try these exercises instead of indulging in that chocolate ice-cream and cribbing about female hood!