Next time you feel low on energy, don’t pour yourself another cup of coffee or search for a candy bar. Caffeine and sugar may give you the energy spike, but the crash that follows will leave you feeling more tired than before. Instead, try these 7 foods to help naturally boost your energy and keep you alert all day:
- Almonds – Almonds make a great pick-me-up snack. They are pack full of proteins which help you sustain energy throughout the day.
- Greek yogurt – This one is a good alternative to the normal yogurt as it has more proteins. Greek yogurt works just fine when you’re low on energy in the middle of day.
- Popcorn – Popcorn is rich in fiber and carbohydrates ad it ranks as one of the top energy-boosting snacks for children.
- Leafy vegetables – You won’t get the sudden super strength in an instant like Popeye. But leafy vegetables like spinach are packed with iron that helps you feel more energetic.
- Whole grains – Eating breakfast with a whole grain component ensures that you will have a fuel source all day.
- Eggs – Eggs are full of proteins and B Vitamins which will provide you a steady energy source. They are great for building muscle mass too.
- Salmon – Salmon is loaded with fatty acids which can elevate your mood and even help you feel energetic throughout the day.