If you think you are too good of a traveler to make silly travel mistakes - think again!
Even the best of travelers are bound to make some errors while travelling *cough Columbus cough* but we’ve got your back!Here are a few blunders that you should avoid!
- Don’t exchange money at the airport If you want to pay crazy exchange rates, then be my guest. But if you’re economical (read sensible) then use an ATM or a good-rate exchange kiosk at your destination.
- Don’t keep all your money in the same place If you keep all your eggs in the same basket, they’re sure to break! Divide and store!
- Don’t over pack Do you really need those 5 pairs of shoes? Or that dress that you ‘think’ you’ll be wearing? Pack light!
- Make copies of important documents Have a hard copy of your documents (passport, IDs, etc.) with you and scanned copies on your email.
- Don’t stick to the tourist trail Don’t follow the herd! Explore and mark your own trails!
- Don’t forget to make a budget Create a realistic budget and allow some breathing room for unexpected expenses.
- Don’t have an overambitious itinerary Planning to see the whole country in one visit will make you feel unaccomplished. Be flexible and don’t be afraid to change plans.