Bucket List: Meet the president: check! Travel most of the world: check! Pee in the best lavatory:
Life is too short to sit on a basic pot! We like to do everything in style. And we know you do, too!So, here are 7 of the best toilets around the world!
- Public Toilets - Uster, Switzerland The depth of the folded, coloured aluminum strips and the varying reflective angle of light creates a shimmering effect that changes depending on the sun as well as the observer’s position!
- Tokinokura Lavatories - Japan Where space is a problem, creativity takes over! A Tokyo-based architecture group has created this sleek public toilet slotted between two buildings in Japan.
- Trail Restroom - Texas The Trail restroom based on the banks of the river Colorado is both, a public toilet and a sculpture that relates to and enhances the landscape that surrounds it. Beautiful, eh?
- Wembley WCs – London Its concrete base stands up to heavy use. Above head-height, the structure becomes a filigree, shiny metal screen allowing for light and ventilation without letting views in. Never thought a lavatory could look this good?
- Urilift – London A toilet that rises from the ground during the sociable night time hours and sinks below during the daytime. The height of innovation!
- The Uritonnoir – France The Uritonnoir is a simple folded utensil that can be slotted into hay bales for easy-access, dry loos. By combining carbon (straw) with nitrogen (urine), human manure is created. This manure can be used as fertilizer. Green huh?
- Kumutoto – Wellington Perhaps the most unusual looking lavatory on our list. Taking into account security and hygiene, this sculptural form was formed. Iconic, highly visible and unusual!