Words that have the capacity to move you. Lines that touch you deep within. Poems that bring out your innermost emotions. Aren’t we women always looking for all of these? Yes? Yes, us as well! And we’ve got you just the list of must-read poetry collections to fulfill your wish!Oh, guys, that doesn’t mean you can’t read them too!
- Loose Woman – Sandra Cisneros Sex, love, menstruation, femininity are what Sandra Cisneros’ bold, witty poems are all about. Truly outstanding!
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou You don’t need any introduction to Maya Angelou, especially this collection of autobiographical poems. Inspiration unbound!
- Ariel – Sylvia Plath Plath is poetry goddess and Ariel is a must-read for everyone who likes melancholic poetry.
- Poems by Currer, Ellis, and Anton Bell Written under pen names by none other than the Bronte sisters, you are going to have a wonderful time reading these poems if you loved their novels!
- The Wild Iris – Louise Gluck Powerfully sensitive, Gluck’s poems in this collection will move you to lengths you can’t imagine!
- Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair – Pablo Neruda There’s a reason why Neruda is the only male writer on this list! His collection of romantic poems is just so beautiful!
- The Complete Poems – Emily Dickinson Emily Dickinson, the kind of woman that all literature lovers bow down to, writes poetry that you could read all day, every day!
- No Matter the Wreckage – Sarah Kay Not only does this rising poet write moving poetry, she also narrates them in a brilliant manner. Check her works now!
- Selected Poems – Sarojini Naidu You cannot be a poetry lover without having read Sarojini Naidu aka Nightingale of India’s poetry! Just cannot!