India has the largest tribal population in the world with over 533 different tribes. These tribes have maintained their culture and traditions till date! And so beautiful are their villages that you’d want to be a part of them!
Here are 7 such tribal villages are so picturesque that they make for the perfect Bollywood-movie sets!
- Ziro Valley, Arunachal Pradesh Home to the Apatani tribe, Ziro has the most beautiful landscapes you’ll ever see! Definitely Bollywood-set worthy!
- Mawlynnong, Meghalaya Mawlynnong has been dubbed as the cleanest village in India in 2003 and the cleanest in India in 2005. The Khasi tribe here is famous for its matrilineal society and 100% literacy – characteristics that most urban cities haven’t achieved yet! The breathtaking scenery makes for the perfect background of any movie!
- Chaugan, Madhya Pradesh Giving you an insight of the cultures of the Baiga and Gond tribes, this village is home to a diverse array of flora and fauna! This village is definitely set worthy!
- Lachen, Sikkim Pristine lakes, hot water springs, an age-old monastery, the tribal culture and the third highest peak in the world, Kangchendzonga make this village the perfect movie-set!
- Ballavpur Danga, West Bengal Home to the Santhal tribe, this village has managed to preserve its tribal culture! If there is a movie based on tribes, this village should definitely be the location!
- Bastar District, Chattisgarh Agariya, Birhor, Baiga and Gond are some of the tribes found here! Breathtaking natural beauty, waterfalls and mountain ranges - this village has it all!
- Orissa Tribes like Bondos, Didayis, Koya and Kondhs are at the peak of tribal culture! And the breathtaking beauty of Odisha makes this village a perfect movie-set!