For you, travel has always been about the journey. No matter how long the journey, you always choose trains over airplanes. Who wouldn’t? From the engine sounds to friendly co-passengers, every aspect of train travel is pleasurable!
So, from one train lover to another, here’s a round-up of seven trains across the world you will want to ride!
- Orient Express The first luxury express train ever, the Orient Express starts from Paris and reaches Istanbul. You will need a long vacation from work to experience this!
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Declared a world UNESCO World Heritage site, this ‘toy train’ from Darjeeling to Jalpaiguri is known for its loops through the northeastern Himalayas. Oh, if you are lucky, you might spot Kanchenjunga!
- Glacier Express, Switzerland Imagine the Alps, imagine green fields. Now imagine yourself passing all of this while riding one of the world’s most brilliant trains!
- Rocky Mountaineer, Canada A train passing through Canada’s pristine Banff National Park. What more could you want from life?
- Trans-Siberian Express No train journey you have ever taken can rival the magnificence of the Trans-Siberian. Crossing nearly all of Russia, this journey should be added to your bucket list immediately!
- Golden Chariot From Bangalore to Goa, with stops at a sanctuary, heritage sites, this luxury train ride is something you must plan very soon!
- Pride of Africa Going through South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, and Egypt, this 28 day train journey will leave you spellbound!