Do you love the wilderness so much that you would love getting lost in it? You often dream about being amidst lush landscapes, surrounded by wild creatures.
Well, make that dream come true! Next vacation you take, ditch the beach and lose yourself in the beautiful wilderness of these sanctuaries in the Northeast!
- Daying Ering Wildlife Sanctuary, Arunachal Pradesh Spread over a cluster of river islands, this sanctuary is a bird lover’s paradise! This is your chance to spot several species of Mongolian and Siberian migratory birds.
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam Housing the world’s highest population of the one-horned rhinoceros, Kaziranga is a place every wildlife lover would love visiting!
- Namdapha National Park, Arunachal Pradesh The largest protected area in the Eastern Himalayan region, this national park is home to four big cats: snow leopard, clouded leopard, common leopard, and tigers. Apart from that, it is also inhabited by more than 400 bird species!
- Khangchendzonga National Park, Sikkim This North Sikkim wildlife park is home to several mammal species such as the snow leopard, Himalayan tahr, goral, red panda, and about 550 species of birds which includes blood pheasant, Tibetan snowcock, and Himalayan vulture.
- Phawngpui National Park, Mizoram If you are a pro at bird spotting, visit this park for the abundant birdlife found here, which includes rare species like Blyth’s tragopan, Mrs. Hume’s pheasant and purple cochoa.
- Balphakram National Park, Meghalaya Situated in Garo Hills, this national park is inhabited by eight species of cats, including the golden cat, along with other species such as elephants, red panda, barking deer.
- Ntangki National Park, Nagaland This wildlife park in Nagaland has rare creatures such as the hoolock gibbon, palm civets, hornbill amongst other species found there. This should definitely be part of your travel plans!