Recently, Kangana Ranaut was invited to speak at the Women in the World Summit in London, making her the first Bollywood actress to speak at the summit. Speaking with BBC’s Shabnam Mahmood, Kangana talked everything from her childhood to her struggle in Bollywood to gender issues. In this bare-it-all interview, Kangana Ranaut showed us her brazen spirit and managed to inspire us all!
- “I didn’t see myself as a liability. I didn’t see myself as someone whose purpose of life was just to find a good husband. I saw myself as much more than that.”
- “I find a lot of pride in being who I am.”
- “I am a lot more than my appearance, or my age, or my colour, or my hair.”
- “Feminine, as an emotion, is seen as a weakness. It is not.”
- “History is witness to that if anything can conquer the darkest and the deepest corners of the human soul, it has been feminine.”
- “It’s a lot more important for women to accept themselves as opposed to what others expect of them.”
- “As women, we don’t have to hope that we get our due. We need to get up and get it ourselves.”
Bravo, Kangana! You have proved that you are indeed the new face of India!