If all of us take a good look at our travel bucket lists, we will no doubt have places like Switzerland or France on top of our lists. Why shouldn’t they be? Those places are absolutely breathtaking!
But before you book your tickets to these extravagant (to be honest, expensive as well) destinations, take a look at places somewhere closer to home. These places in India are very similar to your dream foreign destinations and you can visit them at half the cost! Take a look and add them to your must-visit-ASAP list right now!
- Khajjiar, Himachal Pradesh – Switzerland If you are visiting Switzerland for its picturesque views, you might as well go to Khajjiar first! This hill station in Himachal Pradesh will give you all the Swiss feels you need!
- Kumbhalgarh Fort, Rajasthan – The Great Wall of China While we have all dreamt of walking down the Great Wall of China, there’s an alternative right here in India! A visit to Kumbhalgarh Fort, the second largest wall in the world, is bound to be a memorable one!
- Alleppey, Kerala – Venice, Italy Alleppey or the ‘Venice of the East’ oozes as much charm as Venice does! Head over to this place for a relaxing experience which includes backwaters and houseboats! Oh, did we forget to mention the annual boat race?!
- Gandikota, Andhra Pradesh – Grand Canyon, U.S.A. Before you head to the Grand Canyon, go to the equally grand Gandikota! The view from the top of the gorge is guaranteed to rival most views! And you know what? It’s not even remotely expensive as Grand Canyon is!
- Lakshadweep Islands – Thailand Forget diving in the seas of Thailand and head on over to the Lakshadweep islands for all your adventures! This place offers you pretty much everything Thailand does: lagoons, coral reefs and the relaxed feeling of a beachside vacation!
- Munnar, Kerala – Cameron Highlands, Malaysia Tea plantations have their own their beauty, we totally agree! Before you plan your trip to Malaysia’s serene Cameron Highlands, visit Munnar, a place equally alluring! Don’t blame us if you don’t feel like leaving the place!
- Jama Masjid, Delhi – Badshahi Mosque, Lahore Two examples of marvelous architecture, one must first visit Delhi’s Jama Masjid before heading on to Lahore’s Badshahi Mosque. Soak in the magnificent beauty of the Jama Masjid. We assure you it’s going to be an unforgettable experience!
Now all we have to do is quit our jobs and start traveling!