Always been curious about drugs? Always wanted to get an insight into a junkie’s head? Always been fascinated with everything dope?
Well, whether you are a hardcore junkie or not, here are some books that you would love to read!
- Another Day of Paradise by Eddie Little The book revolves around a fourteen-year-old boy’s drug addiction and the crimes he commits guided by his mentor. Get ready for a gripping read.
- Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs When a Beatnik writes a book on drugs, you can bet all the heroin in the world that it will be good!
- Tweak by Nic Sheff An extremely raw account of the author’s descent into addiction, and later, his recovery. Just read it, okay?
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson One thing you must know before reading this genius work: it has a lot of drugs. A LOT!
- Confessions of an English Opium Eater by Thomas De Quincey One of the earliest books that talked about drugs, this autobiographical work is what made De Quincey a sensation!
- The Basketball Diaries by Jim Carroll This memoir of an adolescent’s descent into heroin addiction is a compelling read you absolutely need to read!
- Requiem for a Dream by Hubert Selby, Jr. A story of four New Yorkers and their addictions, this book is a masterpiece in our opinion. Accompany it with the movie adaptation!