Let’s Face it! Batman forms the center of the DC Universe and the very popular bat-baddies who have contributed highly to make Batman movies a success, have proved that comic books can hold their own to any other movie blockbuster. These great actors who played our favorite villains were stepped up to the plate to trouble the Dark Knight all this while. And how we absolutely loved them doing so. Let’s have a look at the most iconic villains from the Batman series:
- The Joker Played by genius actors such as Jack Nicolson and Heath Ledger, the Joker is one of the most loved Batman nemeses. Just the thought of this villain gives us the creeps. But, nobody could do it better than Heath Ledger.
- The Penguin This intelligent and peculiar villain is one of Batman’s biggest enemies. Known for his odd habits, this villain is portrayed brilliantly by Danny DeVito in Tim Burton’s Batman Returns.
- Catwoman Seline Kyle or Catwoman is one of Batman’s only female nemeses. Lee Meriweather, Michelle Pfeiffer, Anne Hathaway are among the actresses who played the role of Catwoman. Although not really Batman’s rival, Catwoman always finds a way to interfere with Batman’s plan. Wicked eh?
- Harvey Dent / Two-Face Good man gone rogue, this villain has been played by Tommy Lee Jones and Aaron Eckhart. A former friend of Batman, Harvey Dent turns villain after an incident with Sal Maroni, another Batman enemy. What is most fascinating about this character is his journey from a pleasant district attorney to a toughened criminal.
- Riddler The Riddler is the intellectual villain of Gotham, and is known for his obsession with riddles and puzzles. The villain has been transformed into a much darker character than his original playful one. What is most dangerous about this villain is his extraordinary intelligence.
- Scarecrow This psychologist/villain is not driven by wealth or power, instead all his criminal activities are conducted for research purposes. This villain is played by Cillian Murphy in Christopher Nolan’s Batman series.
- Bane Played by Tom Hardy in The Dark Knight Rises, Bane is known for his super strength and his dependence on the drug Venom. Although known for his wicked activities, Bane is known to have put down drug lords. Bane has to be the toughest of the Batman villains. Since he is also have said to broken Batman’s back, this one is to watch out for!
These Batman villains are all terrifying in their way, each with a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. These actors have given justice to these roles in various Batman films. Geniuses or not, these villains definitely give us the chills!