Yash Chopra who is affectionately known to be the ‘King of Romance’ has taught the meaning of true romance. He who changed the face of Indian cinema in more ways than one, ruled for over 5 decades in the industry. Yash Raj banner has redefined love like no other.
Here are 5 of his greatest and iconic films that convinced us ‘forever’ does exist!
- Kabhie Kabhie - A beautiful love story, woven through several generations, felt as if it was a journey through several emotions and moments of recollection, reminiscences, repentance, etc. There was an atmosphere of unspoken love and care in the story. Released in the year 1976, it went on to become the highest grosser of the year at the Box Office.
- Chandni – Coloured bindi, chiffon sarees and the long tresses, who can forget the music and romance that this colossal Bollywood hit held for the audience? This is also one of the most watched movies of all times and won the National Award.
- Lamhe – Tagged as ahead of its time cult movie, this was one of a kind that left the audience awestruck. This was a milestone and a masterpiece from the banner. The movie as its name, describes moment of love, passion, emotions, and feelings.
- Veer Zara – A love so great, it went beyond boundaries. Veer-Zaara is an epic love story that is also a musical extravaganza. A saga of love, separation, courage and sacrifice, this movie was a cross border love story that rekindled our faith in the ‘forever love’.
- Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge – The biggest blockbuster of all times, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge out-beat the commercial success of most Hindi films, while raking in big moolah overseas as well. This movie rather inspired many to relive their love or come fall in love, again.
He has weaved magic on silver screen for close to five decades. Yash Chopra, the maestro of epic love stories has redefined love and passion for the Indian audience with his films and made us believe that true love triumphs, always!