Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis won the WTA finals on 1st November, making it their ninth victory as partners in 2015. The Indo-Swiss duo has been nailing the tennis courts this year and we couldn’t help but take a bow at our sport star! Speaking of pride, here are some other 2015 victories of the duo that has made Indians go gaga over Sania!
- Indian Wells Playing for the first time together, Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis established their position as a strong team. Post this tournament, the duo set out on a spectacular journey to success!
- Wimbledon This match was Sania Mirza’s first doubles final at Wimbledon and their victory over the Russian team once again was absolutely phenomenal!
- WTA China Open The Indo-Swiss duo won the China Open title after defeating the Taipei team of Chan Hao-ching and Chan Yung-jan with a score of 6-7, 6-1.
- Guangzhou International Women’s Open The Indo-Swiss duo won their sixth title at the Guangzhou Open, further proving that this partnership was something to be admired.
- US Open With a 6-3, 6-3 score, this one seemed like a smooth ride for the star duo!
Declared the No. 1 doubles team of the year, Sania Mirza, along with Martina Hingis, deserves kudos by all means. Speaking of her partner, Martina Hingis said, “Sania just played out of her mind – she was everywhere today, getting everything back and playing incredible tennis.” Well, we couldn’t agree more, Martina! Bravo, Sania Mirza, you have brought glory to the country like no other!