If there’s one thing all Indians are proud about, it is the patriotic spirit that made us an independent nation! To honour this, we celebrate occasions like Republic Day! And as you know, we like to go big! The Republic Day parades are truly something we wait for with eagerness!
Never one to miss the parade on 26th January, we know that this year’s going to be extra special! Here’s why!
- Army dogs march down! This Republic Day, military dogs are going to march down the Rajpath for the first time in 26 years! Dog lover or not, this one’s going to be a sight to see for everyone!
- French troops A French troop contingent is all set to join the Indians at the parade this year. This is the first foreign army to be part of Republic Day parades!
- Women Daredevils We have always been amazed at the stunts of motorcyclists at the parade and this year it’s going to get better! For the first time, an all-women contingent of the CRPF will show off their motorcycle riding skills! Bravo, we say!
- Five times French French President Francois Hollande is going to be the chief guest for the 2016 Republic Day celebrations! This is the fifth time a French President is going to be part of the big day!
- Comeback Camels! Oh, this one’s something to be happy about! The camel contingent of the Border Security Force is definitely going to be part of the parade! And aren’t we glad about it!
Happy Republic Day!