If you ask any Harry Potter nerd whether they like the books more or movies, their answer is definitely going to be books. Why wouldn’t it be? The books are magical!
But as much as we comment on the movies for missing out important facts, there are some parts they made entirely for the movies. And agree or not, these scenes were epic in their own way! Here are some of our favourites:
- “It’s not much, but it’s home.” When Harry visits the Burrow for the first time (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) and Ron says this line. AWWW!
- Neville Longbottom finally getting all the attention We are glad they focused so much on Neville during the Battle of Hogwarts. Our favourite Neville scene is when he is facing the Snatchers on the bridge and says, “Yeah, you and whose army?” Damn, Neville!
- PIERTOTUM LOCOMOTOR! We always knew Professor McGonagall to be a badass, but this takes it to another level. The spectacular scene when she uses this spell and says, “I’ve always wanted to use that spell.” McGonagall, you be amazing!
- Most awkward hug ever Let’s talk about the awkward hug that Draco Malfoy and Voldemort shared. A totally unplanned scene, we never know how to react to it!
- Hermione and Ron in the Chamber of Secrets Thank Merlin they showed us this scene! While we were excited to see Ron and Hermione destroying the Horcrux, let’s admit it, we loved the kiss they shared even more! Finally!