The day you feel there’s nothing left in the rat race you’re running in, head to these 5 frozen lakes/rivers to bring out the irreversible travel addict in you. If you have the tryst to find undiscovered and lesser known wonders, backpack and travel the paths untrodden in all kinds. Go tickle your adventurous side.
Here are the 5 most gorgeous and adventurous frozen lake/river treks you must do:
- Chadar trek on the Zanskar river (Ladakh). One of the most breathtaking experiences that’s worthier than conquering the side office or the sales presentation. There have been incredible pictures of Buddhist Monks walking on bare foot. Beat that!
- Seri Frozen Lake is one of the most spectacular treks in the Kullu Valley. Unwind in the lap of Himalayas. Then go die in peace!
- Frozen Lake Gosaikunda is situated in the Langtang region of Nepal. It is surrounded by other frozen Lakes. A trek to remember, this is a rare experience you’ll cherish for life. The Locals believe Lord Shiva created this lake to quench his thirst.
- Tilicho Lake Trekking collects the glacial melt of the entire northern slopes of Annapurna and Thorang Peak, which is claimed to be the highest lake in the world. Located in the Manang district of Nepal, this is a must-visit for every adventure-travel lover.
- Vishansar Lake is one of the greatest frozen lakes in Kashmir, in the vicinity of Sonmarg. Get set for an enormous experience.
Gear up for one of a kind travel chronicles!