Let us all just take a moment and appreciate the beauty and talent of Beyonce. She has one of the most spectacular musical careers in the history of the world AND she was also the first black artist to have won a Grammy and have a hit film and single in a week!
While there are a million reasons why we love Beyonce, here are our favourites.
- She dropped an entire visual album like it was no big deal, which led to the world collectively freaking out and then rejoicing over her awesomeness. Yes, all of us lost our heads too.
- She is a mom before anything else. Just look at how adorable Blue Ivy is. Not to mention she has more style in her little finger than we have in our entire body.
- She is a legitimate feminist and is also a girl who really does run the world! She promotes independence and strength in most of her songs.
- She has had roles in multiple films such as Austin Powers in Goldmember, The Pink Panther, Dream Girls, and Obsessed. Her role as Foxxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers will stay with us for life.
- She helps others without making it seem like the most amazing thing in the world (which it totally is). She has worked with several charities including Chime for Change, Girl Up, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Feeding America, etc. She also joined former Destiny’s Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to create the Survivor Foundation.
- Her concerts are utter perfection. They are easily the epitome of performances. Not only is her voice the most amazing thing ever, she and her dancers give 300% every time they perform.
- She and her hubby, Jay-Z were the first billion-dollar couple in the music industry. And they have topped the list of Highest Earning Power Couple with a combined income of $122 million.
- They are friends with Barack and Michelle Obama. Talk about friendship goals! She was also the first black woman to perform at both a president inaugural ball and the ceremony.
- One of her favorite things to do is stay at home and (just like us!) Jersey Shore is one of her favorite shows!
- She was the first black woman and the second black singer ever to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. She was also the first black singer to be on the September cover of Vogue.
- Not only was she the first woman to win 6 Grammys in a night, she’s also the most nominated woman in Grammy history. Yep, seems like Bey just loves breaking records and reaching new peaks.
So Beyonce is basically slaying this whole life thing in general. Let’s just give her the title of Queen and get it over with.